A Dorchester teen was held on more than $1.5 million dollars’ cash bail last week following his arraignment on charges that he attacked four female family members with a knife, leaving all of them with injuries, before fleeing to Revere, where he allegedly stabbed a fifth person, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said.
Assistant District Attorney Lynn Feigenbaum of Conley’s Juvenile Unit arraigned the 16-year-old male, whose name is not being released because of his age, in the Juvenile Session of Dorchester District Court. Judge Leslie E. Harris set bail totaling $1.57 million.
“We can only imagine what happened in that home, but the victims lived through it,” Conley said of the Roseclair Street crime scene. “What they experienced must have been terrifying. The bail is high, and appropriately so – this was one violent crime followed by a second violent crime while the defendant was on the run.”
The juvenile is charged with 10 counts of delinquency for the Dorchester offenses. Specifically, he is charged delinquent, to wit: two counts of armed assault with intent to murder, two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, four counts of assault and battery, and two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon.
Prosecutors say the juvenile used a kitchen knife to stab and slash a female family member, age 51, multiple times in the throat, arm, and hand shortly after 8:15 p.m. on Feb. 3. He also allegedly slashed a 17-year-old female family member in the face. A 29-year-old female and a 6-year-old female, also family members, suffered less serious injuries. None of the victims’ injuries were life-threatening.
The juvenile is expected to appear in Chelsea District Court in connection with a separate incident in which he allegedly stabbed one female, age 42, and beat another, age 14, in their Revere home. Both victims were known to the juvenile and that incident was not random, Conley said.
Conley praised the Boston, Revere, and State Police who searched for the suspect during his flight and took him into custody without injury.
“It was a team effort across jurisdictions,” Conley said. “They did an outstanding job.”
The juvenile is represented by attorney Ziyad Hopkins. He will return to Dorchester court on Feb. 23.