By Seth Daniel
The Revere Public Schools announced this week that they have begun the first round of registrations for incoming kindergarten students at the six elementary schools.
Registration is for students who will be 5 years old by Aug. 31, 2017, and registration occurs at the Parent Information Center (PIC) in the Beachmont School. Parking is available in the rear parking lot.
The registrations kicked off this week, on Monday, Feb. 27, when students who will attend the Beachmont School had an open registration at the PIC. Registration for next year’s Beachmont School kindergartners will continue through Friday, March 3, during the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
After that, other schools will be accommodated on the following schedule, with – once again – all registrations taking place at the PIC in Beachmont School, 56 Bennington St.:
- Paul Revere School, March 6-10, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Lincoln School, March 13-17, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Garfield School, March 20-24 and March 27-31, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Hill School, April 3-7, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Whelan School, April 10-13, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
For those who cannot make the appointed dates above for specific schools, there will be two sessions for all schools in April. Those dates are as follows:
- All Schools, April 18-21 and April 24-28, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Parents are reminded to bring registration materials for their children.
Items required at registration:
- Child’s birth certificate with an Official Seal.
- Proof of residency: Lease or mortgage and one bill with your name and address such as a Utility Bill (Tax, Gas, Electric, Cable or Phone Bill but no Cell Phone Bill).
- Medical records: Most recent physical including immunizations.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s license, or passport, or photo ID of parent/guardian is required at time of registration.