Police Blotter 01-13-2010

Information sought in bomb scare

Revere Police are offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the prosecution of someone who perpetrated a phony bomb scare last Thursday night at the Revere Convenience Mart on Broadway.

Police said that the value of the reward would depend upon the value of the information provided concerning the case.

The reward is being offered through the Arson Watch Reward Program from the State Police Arson Unit. Anyone with information is urged to call 1-800-682-9229 and speak with Trooper Sheryl O’Donnell.

Police said that on the evening of Jan. 7, a call came in to the convenience store telling the clerk that there was a bag with a bomb in the parking lot and that this was an armed robbery.

The caller told the clerk to collect the store receipts and put them into a bag and then leave the store.

The caller was believed to be watching the scene, but the clerk was still able to alert police.

Police arrived quickly and determined that the bag might be dangerous.

The State Police Bomb Squad was called in and conducted x-rays, which were not conclusive.

Vehicle traffic was re-routed and evacuated people from adjacent buildings.

After blasting the bag with a water cannon, it was revealed that it was simply a hoax device.

A criminal investigation is continuing along with the notice of reward.


A family affair

For two Revere men, getting deported is a family affair.

On Tuesday, Jan. 5, Revere Police and federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents were in the process of taking into custody two men who were to be deported for criminal activity when authorities found more than $45,000 in cash and more than 200 grams of cocaine.

Officers arrived at 105 Bellingham Ave. around noon to take Jamie Erazo into custody.

After being let in by another party, officers found Erazo and asked him to provide proof of immigration status as he was the subject of a fugitive investigation.

In searching for the documents, police found stashes of cash all over the apartment – $30,000 in cash here, $9,900 there, and another $3,700 in a pair of sweat pants.

All in all, the cash found came out to $45,368,

Officers were also led to a bathroom sink, where underneath they found two plates with a large amount of uncut cocaine on them. It ended up being more than 200 grams.

Tejada Erazo was taken into custody for the drug charges and also for the deportation matter.

His uncle, William Erazo, was also apprehended at his Lincoln Street home and lined up for deportation.

Both men apparently had a long history of drug charges.


Woman observed while she allegedly takes 20 Percocet pills

A Bedford woman was so nervous her hands were shaking uncontrollably when officers stopped her Monday, Jan. 4, after allegedly observing her buy 20 Percocet pills.

Kristy Marie Foley, 26, of Bedford, was observed by Revere Police Drug Units and undercover State Police to pull into the Northgate Plaza around 4:30 p.m. and speak with another person in another car.

The two cars then went to a location in Linden Square and allegedly conducted a drug transaction.

Following that, police observed Foley drive erratically and nearly take out several cars as she drove on Squire Road and entered Route 1 South.

Police stopped her on Route 1 South and found her in possession of 20 30mg pills of Percocet (Oxycodone).

She was charged with Possession of a Class B drug (Percocet) with intent to distribute.


Theft at the Cronin Rink

Several hockey players at the Cronin Rink on Monday, Jan. 4, got the short end of the stick.

Police responded to the scene around 11 p.m. when a number of hockey players reported that while they were on the ice, their wallets, cash and cell phones had been stolen from the locker room.

A custodian indicated that the door was locked and secured and it would have been virtually impossible for anyone to get in while they were playing.

Detectives are investigating.


Blackmail reported

A military man reported to police that he is being blackmailed by a woman that stood him up for a date.

The man reported to police last Friday that on Jan. 6, he and his ex-girlfriend were supposed to go on a date.

He told police that the plans fell through, but after receiving several text messages from her, he went to her home.

However, when he showed up, no one was there.

Her roommate let him in, and he said he used the bathroom and left.

The next morning, the man told police that the ex-girlfriend started threatening to take out a restraining order on him – an act that would jeopardize his military career.

The man told police that the woman asked him to pay $1,000 to her in order to avoid the restraining order. When he didn’t pay up, he found his car vandalized and more threats about going to court.

Feeling he was being blackmailed, he contacted police before paying up.

Officers noted the incident on record.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.