Can’t stay away

After last week’s large drug bust on Yeamans Street, one man apparently was willing to do anything to get to his alleged former source.

One of the apartments  that was raided as a result of the drug bust had been closed off and was vacant.

However, last Saturday morning around 10 a.m., several people in the building saw a man inside the apartment.

He apparently had gained entry by breaking a window after climbing up to the balcony.

Officers arrived on the scene and found numerous people on the sidewalk in an excited state. They were pointing to a man who was sitting on a balcony in the front of the building. Several of the people told police he had broken into some apartments in the building.

A manager told police that he noticed someone inside the secured apartment.

Police ordered the man down from the balcony and took him into custody.

Officers found several electronic components in a pile inside the apartment, which had been ransacked.

James Harford, 24, of 34 Blake St, was charged with breaking and entering in the day with intent to commit a felony, malicious destruction of property over $250 and disturbing the peace.


A Revere man was stopped on Interstate 80 in Illinois and allegedly had 26 pounds of cocaine stashed in a metal box hidden under the vehicle, according to reports from an Illinois newspaper.

Illinois State Troopers stopped Wilmer Mesa, 35, of Revere on Monday, April 11th. After a search, police found the drugs.

He is charged with a Super Class X felony under Illinois law. He was arraigned and bail was set at $750,000.

He could face 15 to 60 years in prison with no possibility of probation.


Revere Police responded to the Walgreen’s parking lot on Broadway around 12:30 a.m. for what they believed was a mugging.

Upon arrival, they observed a black male who fit the description from the 9-1-1 call. The male was standing next to a female and talking to her.

When police approached, the man began to flee towards the Walgreen’s store.

Officers ordered the man to show his hands and stop walking, but he refused. Finally, police had to draw their service weapon and put him at gunpoint. However, that didn’t really stop the man, who became belligerent and began to grab something in his front pocket. Not knowing what he had in his pocket, and not being able to fully see what he was doing, the officer put his weapon away and grabbed the man’s arm.

Backup arrived and the man was handcuffed.

Officers began searching him and it became apparent that he might be hiding drugs in his mouth. As they searched his mouth, the man held the drugs down allegedly with his tongue. When asked to remove his tongue, he began to swallow and was able to swallow a package of cocaine.

When police began speaking to the female – who was believed to be the mugging victim – she said the man was her friend. She didn’t know his last name, though, and told police that they were on their way to visit her father in a local nursing home.

Given that it was nearly 1 a.m. in the morning, that story didn’t exactly measure up. She changed her story several times and witnesses indicated that they believed she had been robbed.

El Mays, 38, of Lynn, was charged with rude and disorderly conduct and violating the knife ordinance.


A house party on Arcadia Street turned into quite a disturbance last Saturday morning.

Police arrived and found the homeowner present. It was about 12:30 a.m.

She told officers that she was having a party for her 18-year-old son and she didn’t plan to stop. Police told her that they had received three calls for the party being too loud and rowdy and it was going to have to stop.

She would not allow officers inside when they tried to begin clearing the scene.

She told officers that they were going to have to get a warrant to stop the party. Then she began yelling at neighbors who had come outside to see what was happening. Calling them “snitches,” she began to yell at the neighbors for calling the police.

She was placed into custody and police began moving inside to shut down the madness.

Inside, police found several party-goers and some underage people in the presence of alcohol. They also found a professional DJ with more than 10 tall speakers.

At the station, the homeowner was apologetic and said she was sorry for having the party.

Annette Santiago, 42, of 55 Arcadia St, was charged with disturbing the peace and being the keeper of a noise/disorderly home.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.